Tom Daley’s Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 star anise
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A small handful of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 large British Lion egg, whisked
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and star anise and cook gently for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken stock and soy sauce and bring to the boil.
3. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and pour in the whisked egg in a steady stream. Leave for a minute to allow the egg ribbons to set.
5. Pour the soup into a warm bowl and garnish with the spring onion, coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: