Tom Daley’s mushroom, thyme and paprika quiche
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 65mins
- 230g Ready rolled all butter shortcrust pastry
- Olive oil - approx 1 tbsp
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 300g mushrooms (chestnut work well), sliced
- 75ml single cream
- 75ml whole milk
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- A few gratings of nutmeg
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Line the tart tin with the pastry, trim the edges, prick the base, cover with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or dried pulses. Bake the pastry shell for 25 minutes, until crisp, then remove the greaseproof paper and beans and set the shell aside to cool.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms in batches until coloured and soft. Season each batch with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, single cream, milk, paprika, nutmeg and thyme leaves. Season and stir in the cheddar cheese and the cooked mushrooms.
- Pour the filling into the baked pastry case and return the quiche to the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. When it’s ready it should be puffed up, golden and with a slight wobble in the centre.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before removing it from the tart tin. Serve warm with a bitter leaf salad and a French vinaigrette.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
Sausage and egg pie
For a hearty, warming main meal why not try our delicious sausage and egg pie? A firm family favourite...
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...