- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 4 spring onions trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 150g spring greens, shredded
- 3 (60g) nests of wholewheat medium noodles
- 50g beansprouts (optional)
- black sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Grate the ginger and garlic into a large pan. Add the soy and 1litre of water and bring this mixture to the boil.
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 7 minutes until softly hard boiled, then drain, rinse in cold water. When cold, peel away the shells and cut into halves.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely slice the white part of the spring onions and finely shred the green parts and save for garnish; coarsely grate the carrots and finely shred the greens.
- Drop the noodles into the boiling stock, simmer for 3 minutes. Stir well, then add the white onion, carrots and greens, simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in half the beansprouts.
- Divide the ramen between four bowls, then top each with the remaining beansprouts, the shredded green part of the spring onions and three halves of egg.
- Serve sprinkled with black sesame if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg ricotta and spinach Easter pie
Based on the classic Italian Torta Pasqualina, we’ve made things easy with crispy filo pastry. You can add extra...
Pesto, spring greens & egg pasta
This flavourful pasta dish will be a hit with everyone – plus it’s a great (and quick and easy)...