Brie and chive omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, small bunch
- A knob of butter
- 110g (4oz) Brie or Camembert, rind left on
- Potato wedges and mixed salad, to serve
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat with a fork until just mixed. Add seasoning and use scissors to snip the chives straight in – you are aiming for about 4 tbsp of the chopped chives.
2. Heat a frying pan, add the butter and when it sizzles, shake the pan to swirl the butter around. Reduce the heat a little and pour half of the eggs into the pan. Move the pan around so the eggs are spread out evenly and cook for 1–2 minutes until the omelette is beginning to set.
3. Snip the cheese with scissors in rough cubes over the omelette. Leave on a low heat for 30 seconds, then, using a spatula, fold one-third of the omelette to the middle, then the other third over and slide it onto a plate. Repeat to make a second omelette.
Serve with the potato wedges and mixed salad, if using.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: