Pea, ham and tomato omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- A spray of oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 40g frozen peas
- 4 slices wafer thin ham
- 1 tomato sliced
- Wholemeal toast to serve
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan, add a spray of oil and add the spring onions and frozen peas. Cook, stirring until the peas are hot. Transfer to a plate.
- Roll up the slices of ham and use a knife to cut into ribbons and mix with the spring onion and peas.
- Spray the pan with oil again. Beat the eggs with a little water, a little salt and pepper and court into the hot pan. As the egg begins to set, use a spatula to push the set egg towards the centre of the pan until there is no more runny egg left.
- Scatter the filling over the omelette and fold over. Slip onto a warm plate and serve topped with the sliced tomato. Serve with a slice of wholemeal toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This l ow calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Thai chicken omelette
Indulge in this delightful oriental omelette, with tender chicken breasts seasoned with the spicy warmth of ginger, crunchy sweet...
Popular how-to guides
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for cooking great boiled eggs every time.
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light perfect basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Poaching an egg is easy to master, follow our step-by-step guide.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.