Thai pork omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Flex your South East Asian taste buds and try this Thai delight that combines the rich flavours of succulent pork infused with sweet mint and crunchy bean sprouts - all topped with the aromatic flavour of dill and only 247kcals. Perfect for a family dinner.
- 45ml/3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g/4oz minced pork
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 25g/1oz bean sprouts
- 15ml/1 tbsp fish stock
- 10ml/2 tsp sugar
- 100g/4oz onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- Tomato rose, cucumber leaves and fresh dill to garnish
- In a saucepan, heat 30ml/2 tbsp of the oil. Add the minced pork, pepper, stock, sugar, onion and tomato and continue to stir fry for 5-10 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked and well blended.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan or omelette pan and tilt so that the oil coats the entire surface of the pan. Pour away the excess oil.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and swirl around the inside of the pan to form a thin skin.
- Place the filling in the middle of the omelette. Fold over the sides to make a neat parcel.
- Turn out on to a serving dish folded side down, garnish and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: